The OBRA Waiver is a Home and Community Based Waiver program that may help you if you have a developmental physical disability to allow you to live in the community and remain as independent as possible.
Services available to you may include:
- Adult Daily Living
- Accessibility Adaptations, Equipment, Technology and Medical Supplies
- Community Integration
- Community Transition Services
- Home Health
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Personal Assistance Services
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Prevocational Services
- Residential Habilitation Services
- Service Coordination
- Structured Day Habilitation Services
- Supported Employment
To be eligible, you must be:
- A resident of Pennsylvania.
- Age 18-59. Age 18-59 individuals who are currently in the waiver prior to 7/1/2006 will age in place. Individuals age 60 and older will be referred to the Aging Waiver.
- Have a severe developmental physical disability requiring an Intermediate Care Facility/Other Related Conditions (ICF/ORC) level of care.
- The disability must result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities:
- Self-care, communication, learning, mobility, self-direction and capacity for independent living.
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office
- Other related conditions (ORCs) include physical, sensory, or neurological disabilities which manifested before age 22 and are likely to continue indefinitely.