There are a number of reasons why you might consider home health care for a loved one. Perhaps they’re dealing with chronic pain and illness. Or, perhaps the problems that come with aging have become too much for an individual to remain safe and healthy. No matter the reason, you’ll want to educate yourself on your options of home health care agencies in Philadelphia PA.
What is Home Health Care?
In defining home health care, bear in mind that some services extend into the community as well. The idea behind home health care is comfort and affordability. An individual receives highly personalized assistance in their own home instead of the hospital or a skilled nursing facility. In brief, having an in-home caregiver or private duty aide supports:
- Recovery or stability
- Independence and self-sufficiency
- Proper med administration
- Monitoring and watching for warning signs
- Upkeep with the household chores
- Personal care, completing errands
Many insurance companies have coverage for an aide service, as does Medicare. A health care provider (or even a home care agency like AmeriBest) can help you navigate the necessary paperwork.
How to Pick Among the Best Home Health Care Agencies in Philadelphia, PA
You want only the best care for your loved ones, and that means doing a little bit of leg work. Finding the right fit means having peace of mind. So how do you choose?
- Create a realistic list of your needs. Do you just need a few hours a week for small tasks or more intensive care? Make a list of everything you feel you might need an aide to do for your loved one. You can use this list as the beginning of discussion topics when you’re calling around.
- Ask people you know about their experiences. If you know someone who has used a service in the past (or is currently using one), ask for their insight. Word of mouth is often your best guide through this process.
- Go to consumer-oriented websites and check any reviews you find for health care agencies near you. Make a list of your top picks.
- From your top picks, check out their websites. What services do they offer? Do they assess individuals and make personalized plans of care? Can you receive both non-professional care as well as skilled nursing care?
- Call and ask how the company qualifies staff for hire. Are there background checks, for example? What kinds of consequences are when complaints arise?
- Availability is a big issue. You want to know you can depend on care when you expect it.
- Do they have any satisfaction guarantees?
Why AmeriBest Home Care?
At AmeriBest Home Care, we’ve received consistently excellent approval ratings. Our qualified, compassionate team is multi-cultural and focuses on high-quality care so your loved one maintains their dignity and safety at the same time. AmeriBest’s call-off and no-show percentages are incredibly low, while our ongoing training for staff remains a high priority.
If you’d like to learn more about our services, there are several ways you can contact us. Call our Philadelphia, PA office at 215-925-3313. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our online contact form. We are happy to field your questions and concerns, anytime.