The day has arrived. You are exhausted, and your loved one needs more help than you can provide. Thus, the search begins to access quality home care in Allentown, PA, which is what AmeriBest Home Care offers. Find out if you’re eligible for home care services and how you and your loved ones can benefit from them if you are!
What Are Home Care Services?
Simply put, home care services professionals offer extra hands and eyes, so your loved one has greater safety and support. Some of the basic services AmeriBest Home Care Allentown, PA, provides include:
- Personal care
- Cooking healthy meals
- General house tidiness
- Respite care,
- Med reminders
- Transportation to Dr. appointments
- And much more.
In addition, certain situations require specialized care. You can get physical and occupational therapy, speech therapy, and a registered nurse. Under Medicare Part A, these services must be medically necessary for coverage. Your physician must certify your need for coverage. Your case will be reviewed periodically. Medicare reports that in 2019 approximately 5,300,000 people received these types of benefits.
Hiring a Home Health Caregiver in Allentown, PA
You are among many people seeking care for their loved ones. The popularity of home health care in PA grows daily. Seniors prefer “aging in place” rather than going into strange institutions with none of the comforts of home. One of the great benefits of having professional care is the peace of mind it gives you and the socialization it provides for the individual.
So, the question becomes, what do you look for in a company? You don’t want to just close your eyes and pick one out of the phone book. You need to know the people behind the scenes and a company’s culture in making your choice. Signs of a quality home caregiver, like our personnel at AmeriBest, include:
- Active, positive references
- The company gives all potential staff background checks
- The company provides ongoing training about “best practices” in the field
- You are treated with respect
- You get honest answers to your questions
- The agency creates personalized care plans in which you, your loved one, and physicians participate
Questions to Ask
Besides the qualifications discussed previously, there are several great questions to ask potential care coordinators.
- What happens if my aide is a no-show or calls off?
- Are your aides insured?
- Do you have any specialized services, and if so, what are they?
- How often do you update care plans?
- What if my loved one doesn’t like the aide provided?
- Do you periodically evaluate your staff?
- What sets you apart from other home care agencies?
You can also evaluate your home and ask about safety concerns. We can help you find resources to get any durable medical equipment you require, like grab bars, a cane, and a wheelchair.
The professionals at AmeriBest Home Care, Allentown, PA, are available to you to answer these questions now and others as they come up in your home. Contact us online HERE. Alternatively, our phone number is 717-545-2920, and our email is email@example.com