Families must plan carefully to maintain a high quality of life for loved ones as they age. Elder care is expensive. Fortunately, some programs offer benefits for home care assistance in Harrisburg, PA.
One program to consider is Medical Assistance and Payment of Long-Term Care Services. The program is available through Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services. This article will explain how to see if you qualify.
What is Medical Assistance and Payment of Long-Term Care Services?
Long Term Care (LTC) services cover home, community-based, and nursing home services. You can apply for LTC and Medicaid Assistance online through the COMPASS website. Or you can mail or give your application to your local county assistance office. The program provides home heating assistance, long-term living services, health care coverage, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and services for children.
To apply for LTC, you must:
- Have a doctor’s form confirming you require long-term medical services
- Be a U.S. citizen or a qualified non-citizen
- Be a Pennsylvania resident
- Have a social security number
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The limit for non-money payment (NMP) is 300 percent of the federal benefit rate (FBR) which changes annually.
- The limit for medically needy only (MNO) is $2500 for semi-annual net income.
- If your income is more than 300 percent of the FBR limit, you can deduct the cost of 6 months of long-term care to reduce your monthly income
Resource limits for one person are as follows:
- The resource limit is $2000 with an additional $6000 resource disregard for people with income at or below 300 percent of the FBR
- The resource limit is $2400 for people with an income above 300 percent of the FBR
- You may also pay for LTC with your funds and eventually reduce your resources to the Medicaid LTC limits
Get Paid for Caregiving with Home Care Assistance in Harrisburg, PA
Training to become a home aide will also help you afford home health aide services. Harrisburg, PA residents may enroll in a training program with their chosen home care agency. They will get paid to care for their loved ones when they require additional care, as determined by their health care provider. It makes care more affordable and reduces caregiver’s financial losses incurred when they must take off work to care for their loved ones.
AmeriBest offers training for people who wish to get paid to care for their loved ones. We offer competitive pay, impressive benefits, and consistent hours, including holiday and overtime pay. Our caregivers train and work in a supportive environment. You may continue your education through our program to advance your career.
Affording at-home care can be challenging. Check out state programs to learn more about benefit eligibility for home care assistance in Harrisburg, PA. Contact AmeriBest to familiarize yourself with our caregiving options.
We will help you find the solutions best suited to your family situation.