If you love people and thought about becoming a home care aide, you may wonder about how you can get paid for caregiving. It’s a perfect fit for a kind, dedicated individual who really wants to help others. The good news is that you don’t have to have any experience in order to work with us at AmeriBest Home Care in Harrisburg, PA. We are hiring non-skilled home care employees, people like yourself to join our team.
How Does it Work?
Step one is filling out our online application. This opens the door for you potentially become part of a high-ranking home health agency in a relatively short period of time. In fact, you can get hired in one day by having five things ready to go:
- New Hire Paperwork. You can complete it in person or electronically.
- Two current forms of ID (driver’s license, social security card, passport, birth certificate).
- Two years of proof of PA residency. If this is not possible, we will pay to obtain FBI fingerprinting.
- Completing the online clinical training class/test.
- Taking a 2 Step PPD or recent QuantiFERON test (provided at no cost) – offered on Tuesdays at our Corporate location or at any Vybe Location (voucher provided).
We have onboarding specialists that can help you along the way, too.
What AmeriBest Offers
It all begins with knowledge. AmeriBest offers paid training, some of which can lead to expanding, specialized career options. We have classes including (but not limited to)
- CPR Certification
- Fall risks
- Heart disease management
- Hoyer Lift Training
- Recognizing abuse
- Transfer training
We appreciate our employees and want you to feel wholly ready to care for people in the community in need of assistance.
Amazing Benefits Package
You will be hard-pressed to find a better benefits package than that which AmeriBest offers.
As one of the top five home care agencies in all of Pennsylvania, we know the value of continuity in our staff. You deserve the best, including:
- Bereavement leave
- Electronic timekeeping including a Daily Pay Option: You can transfer your earnings any time through an app that also tracks your hours.
- Life Insurance policy for full-time workers $15,000
- Medical, dental, and vision plans (basic covered at 100%)
- Optional supplemental insurance (term life, short-term disability, etc.)
- Paid holidays (7)
- Personal time
- Sick Days
- Sign-on bonus
- Time and a half for holidays
- Vacation time
The Life and Times of Home Health Aids
Our caregivers report they love their jobs. There is so much satisfaction! Clients appreciate the companionship they receive. Their families appreciate getting much-needed breaks without having to worry about their loved one’s well-being. There are few other jobs where you will hear “thank you” so much as this one.
There is a personal element to being an aid. You get to know an individual and their family far better than someone who stops in as they pass in the hospital. You become a bridge to the community, too. It doesn’t matter in which of our programs you work, the people you serve always maintain their dignity.
But there’s more! You have flexibility as a professional caregiver. Our agency works with your time constraints in making a schedule.
Are you ready? Give our Harrisburg, PA office a call 717-545-2920, or email us at email@example.com.